We have seen so many trending posts about the Hailey Bieber "Glazed Donut" gel nails, so we’ve decided to join the bandwagon. They’re absolutely stunning and quite easy to achieve with the right products! Our nail expert at Gelous has tried and tested a bunch of our Gel Nail Polish to recreate this flawless and chic gel manicure.
Gel Nail Polish colours needed
Let’s start with the polishes you’ll need and why.
- Pink Rubber Base Coat: The pink toned Pink Rubber Base Coat gives your gel manicure the pinky tinged base. Rubber Base Coat is also amazing smoothing, strengthening and thickening flaky, brittle, thin or splitting nails. It has has enhanced rubber-like qualities that allow your nails to flex without breaking.
- Pink Builder Gel: This reinforces the pink undertone of the manicure and adds a layer of strength. Builder Gel is harder and thicker than our other Gel Nail Polishes, so will decrease nail flexibility and bending, helping your Gel Nail Polish last longer.
- Swan Lake Gel Nail Polish: This milky-white, semi-opaque Gel Nail Polish creates the see through, white effect on the nails.
- Snow Place Like Home Gel Nail Polish: This semi-opaque shimmer with a white base gives more coverage, while adding that all-important white chrome effect.
- Top Coat: Top Coat seals your gel manicure and adds that extra shine to top off your flawless Hailey Bieber manicure.
Prepping your nails
Now you know the Gel Nail Polishes you’ll need, let's get onto the prep side of things. You will need to shape your nails into an almond shape if they are long enough. To do this use a nail clipper to cut the sides of your nails, then file each side towards the middle using the fine side of your Gelous Nail File. Make sure you’re not filing too much on one side and that the sides are even. Following this, softly buff the nail bed using the same side to create an even, matte surface for your Gel Nail Polish to adhere to. Take your time and buff as close to the cuticles and sides as possible to ensure a flawless and long-lasting finish. Thoroughly wipe your nails with a Lint Free Wipe soaked in Nail Polish Remover, then brush on our Nail Primer. This step is to dehydrate the nail bed and clear off any natural oils and moisture your hands and cuticles create. It’s a vital step in all gel manicures, as any residual dust or oils left on the nails can negatively impact the way your Gel Nail Polishes apply and last.
Applying your Gel Nail Polish
Now for applying your Gel Nail Polish - the rewarding part! When applying all your coats, always cap the free edge of the nail and leave a small gap between the Gel Nail Polish and your cuticle. Aim to avoid getting any Gel Nail Polish on your skin or cuticle, however if you do, remove it with an Orangewood Cuticle Stick before curing. Your Base Coat and Colour Coat should remain a little sticky after curing, so that when you apply the following layer it sticks to the layer below.
- Start out with a thin layer of Pink Rubber Base Coat, cap the free edge and cure for 60 seconds under the UV/LED Gel Nail Lamp.
- Then add 1-2 thin coats of Pink Builder Gel on top and cure after each coat for 60 seconds. This will give you your subtle, pink tinged base. Thin coats of Builder Gel are particularly important, as it is a thick, hard gel that if applied poorly it can look messy and bulky quickly.
- You’re then going to want to apply 1-2 thin coats of the white-tinged, semi-opaque Swan Lake Gel Nail Polish, curing after each coat for 60 seconds.
- Following this, apply 1-2 thin coats of Snow Place Like Home Gel Nail Polish for a semi-opaque pearlescent white sheen. Cure each coat for 60 seconds.
- Finally, apply standard Top Coat or Rubber Top Coat to finish off your ethereal gel manicure and cure for 60 seconds.