International Women's day is a holiday very near and dear to our hearts because we’re all about celebrating our fellow sisters and the incredible women that have helped to shape the world that we live in. We have put together a list of Gel Nail Polish colours and manicure ideas that we think speak to all types of femininity, and will leave you feeling like the badass woman that you are.
Ombré Flames Gel Nail Polish Art
Kicking off our International Women's Day gel manicure recommendations, we have this amazing flame inspired set that speaks to the fire and passion that’s synonymous with being a woman. This nail art manicure uses a range of bold colours to capture the essence of what it really means to be a woman. There is a quote by Michelle. K. that says “some women are lost in the fire, some women are built from it” and we think this nail art manicure is the perfect fit for it!
How can you recreate this nail art design?
To recreate this flaming hot design, watch our YouTube here, or read the instructions below.
Gel Nail Polish used: Base Coat, Pink Builder Gel, Lady in Red, Tropical Punch, Colonel Mustard, Chin Up Buttercup, Heart of the Ocean, Top Coat.
Nail Art Brushes used: Short Striping Brush.
- Complete your nail prep.
- Apply a thin coat of Base Coat & cap the free edge. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Apply 1-2 thin coats of Pink Builder Gel & cap the free edge. Cure each coat under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Remove the sticky inhibition layer to make applying your nail art easier by wiping your nails with a Lint Free Wipe moistened with Nail Polish Remover.
- Using Lady in Red & your Short Striping Brush, paint an irregular ‘U’ shape, thickening it into a point at the base.
- Using Tropical Punch & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Lady in Red.
- Extend one curve right & on curve left, then fill in the space in between.
- Using Colonel Mustard & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Tropical Punch.
- Using Chin Up Buttercup & your Short Striping Brush, blend into Colonel Mustard.
- Blend each colour further where needed, creating a smooth ombré blend. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Using Heart of the Ocean & your clean Short Striping Brush, lightly outline the flame. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 10 seconds.
- Apply a thin coat of Top Coat & cap the free edge. Cure under your Gel Nail Lamp for 60 seconds.
- Apply Cuticle Oil around your nails & rub into your skin to nourish & moisturise.
Attention Seeker Gel Nail Polish
I’m sure all of us at some point or another have been called an attention seeker, so instead of letting this get to us, let’s take our power back and embrace it! Decorate your nails with our fabulous Gel Polish colour, Attention Seeker. This gorgeous hot pink shimmer will turn heads and give a big middle finger to the ones who told you not to stand out. Celebrate your bubbly, adventurous, courageous, and fun side and don’t be afraid to be authentically yourself when wearing this Gel Nail Polish colour!
Galaxy Fairy Floss Gel Nail Polish
Galaxy Fairy Floss Gel Nail Polish makes us think of divine femininity. With a soft pink base and beautiful shifting shimmers within it, it looks like a sunset in the sky. Think "God is a Woman" by Ariana Grande type vibes. This colour really speaks to our feminine side, and has us feeling flirtatious and powerful all at the same time. What better way to interpret International Women's Day!?
Lady in Red Gel Nail Polish
Lady in Red is a sexy, bordering on fluorescent red Gel Nail Polish colour that speaks for itself. What could celebrate strong female energy better than a strong red colour? A colour worn throughout history by a range of iconic and powerful women, such as Marilyn Monroe, Audrey Hepburn, Frida Kahlo, and many more. We think this colour is a no-brainer for any woman to show off their dynamic and sultry side in a bold and exciting way.
Bewitched Gel Nail Polish
Bewitched is a Gel Polish colour for our mysterious and magical Queens. This colour has a mesmerising quality, reminding us of hypnotising eyes and a sassy personality to boot. We’re thinking Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Charmed, Bonnie from the Vampire Diaries, and Samantha Stephens vibes. Who doesn’t want to be the most enchanting and spellbinding version of themselves? Embrace your inner enchantress with this gorgeous colour.
Floral Nail Stickers and Transfers
Last but certainly not least are our beautiful floral Nail Art Stickers and Nail Art Transfers. Flowers are symbolic of so many things such as transformation, bold colours, beauty, fertility and diversity. All of these things are part of being female and have a huge bearing on how we live our lives. So why not jazz up your International Women’s day manicure with some cute floral nail art? There are so many to choose from on our website, you'll have trouble choosing!